Cool mate! Still waiting but at least they have sorted me with a seatpost. I will have to do it old school and really take my time on the rough bits. It's funny how scary it is now going down without a dropper! Lol
G you do mean a 34.9 collar don't you, did you get a standard seat post, if not is that a 31.6mm I can bring one that you can keep as long as you need it.
Yeah John...you're correct. 34.9 is what I need! Doh! Many thanks guys...looking forward to it...just annoyed the bike is not 100%...at least, on the bright side, it's less weight to go up those hills! Lol
Nice one but do you need a seat post or are you sorted?
I've got a seatpost from Evans...should have asked for a QR collar too. It's annoying me all this time (16 days and counting)!? No news...and I fear that it might take another couple of weeks since Mojo have the post out order!?
Ah I see, I thought the rides seemed a bit flat, it's good to be able to do something though to keep your fitness ticking over.
I bet you feel like a caged tiger!
I remember when I broke my wrist I had to ride an excercise bike only as I couldn't grip told to even p I'm a cup up for 8 weeks. Kettle bells with one arm, etc etc ended up a little lob sided but at wet I didn't lose 3 months of fitness and pile too much weight on.
I'm so annoyed about that! All this week and specially today it must have been perfect conditions...it's supposed to rain all day Friday and pretty much Saturday morning. Do you think Cutgate will be rideable or shall we change the ride for Jacobs (for example)!?
haha!...........its been very dry round here lately, but most of the rain is forecast for today. so i reckon cutgate should be dry enough to take a days rain without it spoiling the ground conditions. we've got another rider joining us aswell, tony a work colleague.
Glynn TBH, I'm getting a bit more concerned about the 40mph winds now from 1pm, lets hope it end up hitting us later rather than earlier. I don't mind a bit of sogginess here or there but strong wind which maybe worse on the tops is not as good and can be dangerous.
How well do you think thunders and Ti, go together? Lol
I'm starting to consider not doing this...not because of the thunders, but I know with a lot of rain and strong winds, the fun won't be there!? I remember last time we had a forum ride around the peaks with similar conditions...(maybe better)...What do you guys think?
hodgy your weather forecast seems more general for the whole of uk even tho it says langsett at the top. according to the met office/bbc forecast the wind speeds are stronger down south at least till later in the day when we should be about finished. but if anyone is genuinely concerned, we can always do a lower level route around ladybower instead, or even if we set off up cutgate and get concerned, we can always turn around and come back then alter the route. www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638077